What is the purpose of this program?
Research indicates that name calling leads to pushing and shoving that continues to escalate to more life threatening violence if no intervention takes place. The purpose of this program is:
- Early intervention to stop harmful emotional and physical behavior
- Family preservation
What kind of service does this program provide?
Individual treatment that emphasizes anger management
- Psychoeducation sessions
- Couple or Family Therapy (This is provided only if the victim desires such treatment, after she/he declares herself/himself no longer afraid of the perpetrator, and after a safety assessment)
- Treatment for children who have witnessed aggressive or violent behavior in the family
Who would be an appropriate referral to this program?
- Men and women who have recently begun to perpetrate emotional and/or physical abuse against a partner of the opposite or same sex
- Men or women who have recently begun to perpetrate emotional and/or physical abuse against a family member of any age, or against someone in the community
- Men, women and children who are victims of emotional and/or physical abuse
- Men and women who have a history of aggressive behavior or more than one arrest for violence or other criminal behavior are not appropriate referrals to this program
Who do I contact?
General Staff (414) 273-2220